The DA welcomes the approval by the Nelson Mandela Bay Metro council today (subs: 23 Feb 2017) for land to be allocated in Bloemendal for an additional police station in the Northern Areas of Port Elizabeth.
The fight against gangsterism in the Northern Areas must be treated as a war and every resource available needs to be harnessed. The SAPS must now prioritise and expedite the building of this station.
I will be submitting legislature questions to the MEC for Safety and Liaison, Weziwe Tikana, for time-frames for the building of this police station.
For four years I have been campaigning for an additional station in that area to alleviate the pressure on the Gelvandale and Bethelsdorp police stations. This process has been a long time coming and under the new DA-led municipality, is gaining momentum.
The DA is passionately committed to the right of all people in the Northern Areas to live in a safe environment. Children should feel free to play where they want and families should go to bed at night knowing they are safe.
The DA will continue to fight for better policing in the Northern Areas of Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho News: Bhisho’s new chief whip not taking duties lightly - 27 May 2019
- Mthatha News: Like father like son… except when it comes to voting for this Mthatha duo - 27 May 2019
- Makhanda News: Presidency: Cabinet announcement to be made later in the week, not Monday - 26 May 2019
- PE Business News: NMB Business Chamber records surge in certificates of origin issued in Q1 - 26 May 2019
- Why Paul Supports NMB’s bid for The Ocean Race – #TheOceanRaceinNMB - 26 May 2019