On Tuesday, 10 September 2019 at about 23:55, Anti-Gang Unit members conducted several searches at houses in the Humansdorp area. A 30-year-old suspect was arrested on a charge of illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition and dealing in drugs. A shot gun with rounds, approximately 15 mandrax tablets, 4 straws of tik and cash was seized from a house in Pendoring Street in Humansdorp. The firearm was reported stolen in Fort Beaufort in November 2018.
During the early hours of this morning, 11 September 2019 at about 01:50, Anti-Gang Unit members acted on information received of a firearm at a house in Mpuko Street in Timothy Valley in Bethelsdorp. The shack at the back of the house was searched and a 9mm Star firearm with magazine and rounds were found hidden in a pillow. A 29-year-old male was arrested on charges of illegal possession of firearm and ammunition. The firearm was reported stolen in Kabega Park in September 2016.
The arrested suspects will soon appear in the Humansdorp and Port Elizabeth magistrates’ courts respectively.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- East Cape SOPA unveils economy boosting projects - 25 February 2020
- Accolades for Ncediso App - 25 February 2020
- Four Commercial property trends to tap into this year - 25 February 2020
- Almost 37-million catalytic converters produced over the past 25 years - 25 February 2020
- Locally-assembled Bakkie is top-selling pickup in Europe - 25 February 2020