Warriors Cricket Team Member Anrich Nortje has been called up to play for the SA A Touring Side.
Fast bowler Anrich Nortje, born 16 November 1993, brings energy and aggression to the team, while he also has the ability to calm everyone down. Ana, as he is affectionately known by his teammates, started playing cricket in his back yard with his older brother.
His favourite cricketer is Dale Steyn, whom he looks up to as a role model. This has led the right-arm fast bowler to play for Eastern Province and South African Schools team. He was included in Eastern Province’s squad for the 2016 African T20 Cup. As one of the Warriors team’s top guns, he is currently one of the most feared fast bowlers in the domestic scene. His most memorable cricket moment is when Warriors captain, Jon-Jon Smuts took two wickets off the last two balls to beat the Titans in the Sunfoil Series.
If he wasn’t playing cricket he would be a financial planner as he has a B Com Degree and Post Grad Diploma in the field. Ana enjoys spending time with his family and friends, especially if eating a fillet steak is involved.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Individual Water Meters Must be Installed in NMB Complexes - 14 December 2018
- Holiday safety tips - 14 December 2018
- Port Elizabeth’s Most Accessible Hotel - 14 December 2018
- Beware of TBI this Festive Season - 14 December 2018
- What Size Inverter do I need for Loadshedding? - 13 December 2018