Annual Spring Dip revitalizes Port Elizabeth for 5th consecutive year
Port Elizabeth, 10 August, 2018: It’s time to dig out your swimming costume! The annual Algoa FM Spring Dip is here!
“Our annual Spring Dip is the pre-cursor to the Molo Festival of Triathlon at 9am at Kings Beach tomorrow ahead of the Championship Swim that commences at 9:30am. This will be followed by several Championship Swim Races, a 3km Beach Run, Kids 750m Beach Dash and a Surf Ski race comprising of 3 laps around a 1.9km swim course,” said Algoa FM Programming Manager, Baydu Adams.
“This is ahead of the Isuzu Ironman 70.3 World Championships, which will take place on the 1st and 2nd of September. We are very excited about getting everyone excited ahead of one of the biggest sporting events to be hosted by the city,” says Adams.
“Our 5th consecutive Spring Dip takes place tomorrow, as it continues to grow bigger and bigger year-on-year. This year, Siobhan Momberg will be hosting a hitmobile from the event and will be doing a live-crossing on air. “Nelson Mandela Bay’s early risers who have traditionally participated, are invited to start gathering at King’s Beach from around 8:30am and encourage others to join in on the fun experience,” concluded Adams.
‘Clean sweep’ and ‘Spring’ are some of the words that are bound to attract and exhilarate supporters of Algoa FM’s annual Spring Dip.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Makhanda News: Makhanda’s vibrant street art - 25 June 2019
- Get Caught Doing What You Like the Most – Reading – MyPR.co.za - 25 June 2019
- Transport woes depriving patients of medical care and medication - 25 June 2019
- Grahamstown News: Msaki Is Expecting Another Bundle of Joy! - 25 June 2019
- Madibaz preparing for tough USSA squash challenge – MyPR.co.za - 25 June 2019