A significant amount bestowed to the University by music teacher and humanitarian Charles Bryars, allows the Department of Music to allocate bursaries once a year to worthy students to further their studies in music.
Auditions took place at the beginning of the month and the finalists chosen will stage their performances at the concert whereby the overall winners will be selected and announced.
The eight finalists are Tiago Vital (tuba); Kirsti Limbert (flute); Khaya Hadi (voice); Chadley Johnson (trombone); Evan Perkins (piano); Bonga Mosola (trumpet); Mieke Struwig (clarinet) and Lara Potgieter (piano).
Entrance to the evening concert is R50 per adult, R30 per pensioner and R10 per student/scholar.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The Full 2019 Budget Speech - 20 February 2019
- Plans in Place to Prevent PE Running out of Fuel - 20 February 2019
- Budget 2019 – Is it too late to slip in some Renewable Energy incentives, Pravin? - 20 February 2019
- Time is Running Out - 19 February 2019
- Homecoming for Amanda Black - 19 February 2019