A significant amount bestowed to the University by music teacher and humanitarian Charles Bryars, allows the Department of Music to allocate bursaries once a year to worthy students to further their studies in music.
Auditions took place at the beginning of the month and the finalists chosen will stage their performances at the concert whereby the overall winners will be selected and announced.
The eight finalists are Tiago Vital (tuba); Kirsti Limbert (flute); Khaya Hadi (voice); Chadley Johnson (trombone); Evan Perkins (piano); Bonga Mosola (trumpet); Mieke Struwig (clarinet) and Lara Potgieter (piano).
Entrance to the evening concert is R50 per adult, R30 per pensioner and R10 per student/scholar.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The DA’s Big Reveal Live – NOW - 22 September 2018
- Springboks open training session on Monday - 21 September 2018
- Mandela University research and teaching excellence recognized at annual awards - 21 September 2018
- One in Six Teenagers who use cannabis will become addicted - 21 September 2018
- 40 Strong IORA delegation visits Operation Phakisa projects - 21 September 2018