From first light this morning Police, The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipal Beach Managers office, a Police Dive Unit and NSRI Port Elizabeth resumed a search at Kings Beach at the Port of Port Elizabeth‘s harbour wall for missing 28 year old Andrew Dalton, of Port Elizabeth, who went missing on Saturday afternoon while collecting mussels.
During a police dive unit scuba dive search the body of the missing man was located at approximately 09h00 and recovered from under water and the body of the deceased man been handed into the care of the Forensic Pathology Services.
Police have opened an inquest docket.
In a separate incident today at 07h45 NSRI Port Elizabeth, Police, a Police helicopter, Nelson Mandela Bay lifeguards and the Nelson Mandela Bay Fire and Rescue Services responded to Brighton Beach where a man was witnessed to be in difficulty in the surf while swimming.
On arrival on-scene a search commenced for a 22 year old local man who is missing in the surf.
Despite an extensive search no sign of the missing man has been found and Police and a Police Dive Unit are continuing in an ongoing search.
Police have opened an investigation.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- 103rd SS Mendi Anniversary - 20 February 2020
- 75 Applications For Own Energy Use Approved - 20 February 2020
- Businesses need to remain resilient and agile - 20 February 2020
- Nelson Mandela Bay River Mile - 20 February 2020
- This Week’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 AND a Bit - 20 February 2020