As part of their support of conservation, the Wiesenhof Coffee Holdings group ran a competition at their 65 Wiesenhof and Dulce franchises throughout South Africa during the months of August and September 2018. The winners of the competition were announced at two different venues on 22 September 2018, World Rhino Day.
Kobus Wiese of Wiesenhof Coffee Holdings and Pinky Kondlo of Wilderness Foundation Africa did the draw at Wiesenhof Makro Cape Gate, Cape Town and Catherine Fraser of Dulce, together with Tania Plakanouris of Wilderness Foundation Africa did the draw at Dulce Walmer Park, Port Elizabeth. Alaweja Ellie, who entered at the Dulce Café situated inside Ahmed Kathrada Hospital in Lenasia, won a 2 night stay for two at Leeuwenbosch Country Lodge in the Amakhala Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape. Chanel von Staden, who entered at the Wiesenhof at Wilgers Hospital in Pretoria, won the same prize.
Wiesenhof Coffee Holdings has been supporting conservation since May 2017 when they entered into a cause-related marketing agreement with Wilderness Foundation Africa, donating 60c for every cappuccino sold. This campaign has raised close to R800 000 to date.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- The State of the Electric Vehicle Market in South Africa - 3 April 2020
- No Evictions Please - 3 April 2020
- Police won’t accept non-compliant donations - 3 April 2020
- Police Minister elaborates on revisions to the Lockdown Regulations - 3 April 2020
- Ports implement heightened level of security protocols - 3 April 2020