I have just received this note notifying of a change of venue for the public meeting called by Shell South Africa and dealing with Shells’ application for postponement of compliance with the minimum emission standards for the Shell Port Elizabeth Terminal:
Please note that the venue for the public meeting on the 16.05.2014 has changed to the NNMU Conference Centre, building 235, North Campus, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Nelson Mandela Bay, Port Elizabeth. The time remains the same, 17:00 – 20:00.
Please contact me if you have any queries.
In an environment fraught with suspicion one cannot help but be concerned that Shell are desperately trying to avoid public participation by first calling a meeting at a very inconvenient time – Friday at 17h00 to 20h00, at a very inconvenient place – Grand Hotel, Central (which some say is located in ‘Little Nigeria’ whilst others were quite keen on as it is close to their recreational shopping area!) and SECONDLY changing the venue at short notice to a venue far from originally contemplated.
All you have succeeded in doing, Shell, is make the citizens very restless and uneasy.
More Background info: Your chance to stop Shell trampling on your rights | Swerving Shell.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Successful Completion of Bedford Primary School - 19 September 2019
- Say Hello to the New Volkswagen - 19 September 2019
- SMEs should manage and invest cash reserves wisely - 19 September 2019
- You are Invited to Strike for the Climate - 19 September 2019
- THIS is what is so Rotten in Politics and Humanity - 19 September 2019