The National Student Financial Aid Scheme, corporate funding as well as university contributions to assist students are simply not enough to support all the students who are academically deserving and in need of financial aid. The Alumni Bursary Fund calls on alumni, staff, students and friends of the university in the broader community to contribute towards the fund so that more students can be assisted. Small annual or monthly donations can make a difference. The awareness campaign includes the sale of eco-friendly shopping bags of which the income will go towards the bursary fund. The campaign will hopefully also encourage individuals to become regular donors to the Alumni Association’s Bursary Fund. This campaign enjoys the full support of the Alumni Association and will be supervised and supported by the Alumni Relations Office.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- If you said THIS about Eskom then you were right…. - 19 March 2019
- Electricity Day Zero looming - 19 March 2019
- 400 Km/h and 0-100 in 1.9 Seconds and it is a …… - 19 March 2019
- Is five percent economic growth possible? - 18 March 2019
- Mobility of the Future - 18 March 2019