Allan estimates the additional monthly maintenance and cleaning costs on this asset, as the result of the manganese ore, to be in the region of Rn/a per month.
The cost of accelerated wear and tear over the life of Allan’s asset is estimated to be: Rn/a.
Allan has this to say about the Manganese Ore pollution from the Port of Port Elizabeth; “In my opinion it’s a health hazard and damages the paint on our building and our vehicles. It gets into our clean washing. It’s an eyesore especially to visitors to our city. Removing it and building a waterfront with shops and hotels and marina for upmarket housing would create many many jobs whilst building it and there after sustainable jobs.”
See other comments here: Manganese ore – Just Say No.
Tell us how YOU are affected by the Manganese Ore below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Jim Foot – Team Sailing League Regatta - 20 October 2019
- Uitenhage News: Operation ‘Gijima Tsotsi’ takes charge in Humansdorp and Uitenhage Clusters - 20 October 2019
- 3 Bedroom House for Sale in Perridgevale – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 October 2019
- Commercial Property On Auction in Greenbushes – Port Elizabeth Business News - 19 October 2019
- South Africa: Family of 8-Year-Old Boy Finds ‘Closure’ As Police Confirm Remains Found On Field Are His – Port Elizabeth in the News - 19 October 2019