On their way to victory against New Zealand on 8 December 2013 at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in Port Elizabeth the Blitzbokke scored three tries with one conversion to win Round 3 17-14.
In the 4th minute of the first half, Branco de Preez scored the first try which was converted by Justin Geduld.
With 2 minutes to go to the end of the first half Branco scored once again.
You can hear the booing of the partisan Afrikaans speaking New Zealand supporters behind me during the South African attack and try scoring – interestingly enough these South African All Black supporters stand impassive and silent after each try by the Springboks.
With 3 minutes to go in the 2nd half Kyle Brown blitzes out of nowhere to score the Springboks 3rd try and seal the match with their first ever home win at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium.
Submit your favourite Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch videos for consideration for publication on MyPE by filling in the form below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- SA win a nail-biter against Australia in PE to set up series-deciding showdown at Newlands – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 February 2020
- 4IR will still need the human touch – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 February 2020
- South Africa vs Australia 2nd T20I Live Cricket Streaming: When, where and how to watch SA vs AUS? – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 February 2020
- More Wine Estates Confirmed For Wine On Water Festival In St Francis Bay – MyPR.co.za - 23 February 2020
- Humpback Dolphins in Algoa Bay - 23 February 2020