Hundreds of Eastern Cape music fans have already ensured they will be at one of the biggest one-day concerts ever hosted in the province.
Many of the country’s favourite entertainers will be in Port Elizabeth on Saturday, March 7, for the first Algoa FM “Algoa Live” concert, which is being staged in Prince Alfred Park at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium.
The seven-hour concert includes seven top national acts. They are Mi Casa, Jimmy Nevis, Kurt Darren, Prime Circle, Lloyd Cele, Goldfish and Stuart Reece.
“As the leading music radio station in the Eastern Cape we know what our listeners like – and we’re giving it to them for seven hours”, says Managing Director of Algoa FM, Dave Tiltmann.
“And, judging by the early ticket sales, we have exactly the right line-up. There is every chance that it will be a sell-out concert,” he says.
Tiltmann adds that there are plans to make the concert an annual event.
“We want to set the benchmark with the first Algoa Live Concert. Therefore we are pulling out all stops to ensure that Algoa Live is the only place music lovers want to be on Saturday, 7 March”, says Tiltmann.
Concert tickets cost R150 for adults and R80 for children (under 18).
They are available online via Ticketpro on www.ticketpros.co.za or can be purchased at participating PostNet outlets within the station’s broadcast area; including Beacon Bay, Vincent, Grahamstown, Uitenhage, in Port Elizabeth at Metlife Plaza, Moffett on Main, PE Waterfront Express, Sunridge Village, The Acres, The Bridge and Walmer. Tickets will also be on sale at Cone Zone, The Boardwalk in Summerstrand, from Wednesday, 21 January.
Visit www.algoafm.co.za for further information on the concert.
Author: Jennilee Peremore
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Proteas: Their schoolboy error in PE – Port Elizabeth Business News - 20 January 2020
- Uitenhage News: Nelson Mandela Bay ANC chief whip Bicks Ndoni dies in meeting - 20 January 2020
- Young and vibrant England team could be at the start of something special after South Africa win – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 January 2020
- I Lean – Team Sailing League Regatta - 20 January 2020
- Money from Lottery goes to cousin of National Lotteries Commission boss – News from GroundUp - 20 January 2020