Ahead of the 8 May National Elections you would do well to acquaint yourself with the Political Parties registered on the National level for the elections.
Today we introduce you to: The African Covenant
Launched in March 2018 by Dr Convy Baloyi, a “born-again child of God”. The African Covenant party abbreviates to ACO, pronounced “Ah-Kho”, and is campaigning on conservative religious principles. It wants to preserve marriage as an institution uniting “one man and one woman”, and end abortion. The ACO also proposes the return of the death penalty for crimes including murder (which, in ACO’s view, includes the medical practice of carrying out abortions).
The CALLING of African Covenant (ACO) is to deliver a South Africa which is built on pillars of Unity, Respect, Order and Prosperity, through A RIGHTEOUS MANDATE FOR POLITICS, which is based on values of Truth, Love, Selflessness, Service Delivery with integrity and excellence.
This information is gathered from the IEC and the above party website or publicly available documents.
Click here to see ALL 2019’s registered national parties.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- In Case You Failed to Notice - 22 October 2019
- Robin Peterson appointed as Warriors Interim Head Coach - 22 October 2019
- Don’t let cybercriminals intercept your real estate transactions - 22 October 2019
- Décor Blinds and Shades - 22 October 2019
- Eskom seeks R207 million - 22 October 2019