Ahead of the 8 May National Elections you would do well to acquaint yourself with the Political Parties registered on the National level for the elections.
Today we introduce you to: The African Christian Democratic Party (ACDP)
Launched in 1993, one of the ACDP’s unique claims to fame is that it was the only party to reject the South African Constitution – on the basis that it enshrined the right to abortion. Supports a return to “biblical principles”, including the imposition of the death penalty. Led by Dr Kenneth Meshoe, the ACDP received just over 104,000 votes nationally in the 2014 elections, giving it three seats in the National Assembly.
The African Christian Democratic Party is a political party standing for Christian democratic principles. “We bring to South Africa hope for a strong, healthy prosperous and purpose-driven nation.”
- National Executive Commitee: Rev Kenneth Meshoe MP – President, Wayne Thring – Deputy President, Jo-Ann Downs – Chairwoman and Raymond Tlaeli – Secretary General.
- Members of Parliament (National): Rev Kenneth Meshoe MP, Cheryllyn Dudley MP and Steve Swart MP
- Member of Parliament (Provincial): Ferlon Christians MPP (Western Cape)
This information is gathered from the IEC and the above party website or publicly available documents.
Click here to see ALL 2019’s registered national parties
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Kings Snag Jerry Sexton - 24 April 2019
- Celebrations for 105 First Time Home Owners - 24 April 2019
- Reduce global reliance on single-use plastics - 24 April 2019
- Inkatha Freedom Party – 2019 - 24 April 2019
- Independent Civic Organisation Of South Africa – 2019 - 24 April 2019