A full field of runners stood on the start line of the exclusive three-day trail run and enjoyed the hand-picked route designed to challenge any runner, with some serious climbs, single tracks and hard-core routes.
Speaking about the route, race director Siska van der Bijl remarked: “The route and what we are able to share with athletes is magical, and we’re delighted that everyone enjoyed the region’s trails. This time of year is ideal for stage racing, and we’re delighted the weather played its part in the event’s success.”
Support sponsor Merrell, and accommodation sponsor Zuurberg Mountain Inn helped race organisers create a comfortable race village for competitors to unwind after a full day on the trails. Van der Bijl adds, “We’re proud to add a luxurious twist to our events and give our guests a memorable experience.”
The NFB Great Zuurberg Trail Run 2019 entries open on July 1st, 2019. Visit www.gztrun.co.za or follow us on Facebook and Instagram, @GZTRun, to find out more and enter.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Shots fired following armed robbery at House and Home warehouse in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 August 2019
- Shots fired following armed robbery at House and Home warehouse in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 August 2019
- Uitenhage News: South Africa: Small-Scale Farmers Demand Access to Land - 23 August 2019
- Kevin Peraza Wins Best Trick Event with Never-Been-Done 180 Backflip Tailwhip over a spine. – MyPR.co.za - 23 August 2019
- 16 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in Port Elizabeth Central – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 August 2019