The NFB Great Zuurberg Trail Run took place this weekend, and adventure seekers looking to explore the Addo/Zuurberg region enjoyed perfect conditions for the inaugural event.
A full field of runners stood on the start line of the exclusive three-day trail run and enjoyed the hand-picked route designed to challenge any runner, with some serious climbs, single tracks and hard-core routes.
Speaking about the route, race director Siska van der Bijl remarked: “The route and what we are able to share with athletes is magical, and we’re delighted that everyone enjoyed the region’s trails. This time of year is ideal for stage racing, and we’re delighted the weather played its part in the event’s success.”
Support sponsor Merrell, and accommodation sponsor Zuurberg Mountain Inn helped race organisers create a comfortable race village for competitors to unwind after a full day on the trails. Van der Bijl adds, “We’re proud to add a luxurious twist to our events and give our guests a memorable experience.”
The NFB Great Zuurberg Trail Run 2019 entries open on July 1st, 2019. Visit www.gztrun.co.za or follow us on Facebook and Instagram, @GZTRun, to find out more and enter.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Makhanda News: More than a bucket and a plaster to fix rural healthcare - 23 April 2019
- PE Business News: Is your legacy PBX putting your business at risk? - 23 April 2019
- Ironman 2019 – Tandem Bike - 23 April 2019
- Mthatha News: It’s about ideology, rather than biology for ATM’s 31-year-old leader - 23 April 2019
- Seki Women’s Foundation – New Brighton Port Elizabeth [video] - 23 April 2019