Wilderness Foundation Africa was founded 47 years ago by Dr Ian Player, one of the world’s most outstanding conservationists and an environmental statesman. He is acknowledged globally for his work to save the rhino, and still honoured as a conservation pioneer. Dr Player’s work began in KwaZulu Natal in an era during which Africa’s protected areas were being created and tested. He worked tirelessly on his life’s mission until his last days in 2014. Dr Player is the only other person to have been conferred the status of Patron of Wilderness Foundation Africa.
After developing a conservation success story in the Eastern Cape, Adrian went on to establish the Mantis Collection – the only hotel group with a presence on all seven continents of the world. Mantis develops, manages and markets hotels and eco-escapes that function harmoniously with their natural environments. In his capacity as an entrepreneur and conservationist, he has grown a wide-ranging network which he steers towards the plight of the environment and wildlife conservation.
Through his years as Chairman and Trustee within the Wilderness Foundation, Adrian has demonstrated his dedication to the Foundation’s cause by connecting both Wilderness Foundation Africa and Wilderness Foundation Global to partnerships and funding opportunities.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- EP Cricket Board to focus on cricket development - 22 January 2020
- Kirsty Iversen at Work - 22 January 2020
- The Market Leader in Medium and Heavy Commercial Segments - 22 January 2020
- Oversight inspection at Jubilee Park Primary, Uitenhage - 22 January 2020
- How to choose the the correct legal status for your business - 21 January 2020