In order to ensure that offenders are brought to book and in line with our Back to Basics approach, police officials from Addo reacted swiftly after a house robbery occurred at 01:00 this morning, Monday, 16 October 2017, in Alwynhoogte, Valencia, Addo. It is alleged that six armed males forced their way into a residential home and threatened the 27-year-old complainant with a firearm. The suspects demanded the keys to a Ford Ranger bakkie and a cellphone and sped off in it.
Police officials on patrol in the area, were informed about the incident and spotted the Ford Ranger speeding towards the R335, in the direction of Motherwell. Police officials gave chase and managed to pull the vehicle off the road. Two of the male suspects managed to evade arrest, whilst four male suspects (all in their twenties) were arrested and detained for house robbery. Police confiscated the vehicle and also recovered the complainant’s cellphone.
The search for the two outstanding male suspects is continuing and the foursome is due to appear in the Addo Magistrate’s Court tomorrow, Tuesday, 17 October 201. It is part of the SAPS’s strategy to provide effective and responsive policing to all in our communities and the police officials are commended for their vigilance in bringing the criminals to book. Police investigations are continuing.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Leinster Rugby Team to Face Southern Kings - 21 February 2019
- Start For Beyers as Isuzu Southern Kings Name Team for Leinster Clash - 21 February 2019
- The Millions being wasted by the ANC/EFF/UDM coalition of corruption - 21 February 2019
- Homecoming for PE Soprano - 21 February 2019
- 2019 Budget Speech – Brace yourselves for a tough economic climate ahead - 21 February 2019