Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
The South African youth account for the majority of our population and on the 16th of June it is national Youth Day in South Africa; a day commemorating the Soweto uprising of 1976.
This year Youth Day falls on a Friday and turns a normal weekend into a long weekend; and to add to the joy of sleeping in a bit, there are also numerous events – for young and old – in and around Nelson Mandela Bay honouring Youth Day. But if want to avoid the crowds and you prefer a more secluded experience, then you can always visit a reserve, have a gastronomic feast at one of the Bay’s eateries, go to a museum or put on your hiking shoes, tie those laces in double knots and head for a trail.
Source: NMBT Blog.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Water and Sanitation Minister Missing in Action - 22 January 2018
- PE in the news: Film producer with a mission - 22 January 2018
- Bhisho news: Bhisho education officials set to visit worst and best performing schools - 21 January 2018
- King Williams Town news: Tracking Cape Parrots through Hogsback’s beautiful forests - 21 January 2018
- Mthatha news: Madikizela-Mandela loses claim to Madiba’s home - 21 January 2018