Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
The South African youth account for the majority of our population and on the 16th of June it is national Youth Day in South Africa; a day commemorating the Soweto uprising of 1976.
This year Youth Day falls on a Friday and turns a normal weekend into a long weekend; and to add to the joy of sleeping in a bit, there are also numerous events – for young and old – in and around Nelson Mandela Bay honouring Youth Day. But if want to avoid the crowds and you prefer a more secluded experience, then you can always visit a reserve, have a gastronomic feast at one of the Bay’s eateries, go to a museum or put on your hiking shoes, tie those laces in double knots and head for a trail.
Source: NMBT Blog.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Every Day is Mandela Day at Servest - 23 August 2017
- Could this be a body blow to the much vaunted PE Waterfront - 23 August 2017
- Information Day at Cecilia Makiwane Hospital Leaves Architects Impressed - 23 August 2017
- King Williams Town news: Cold front kills 130 livestock in KWT - 23 August 2017
- Uitenhage in the news: Four arrested in connection with hijacked vehicles - 23 August 2017