Mmusi Maimane, the Leader of the Democratic Alliance has condemned in the strongest terms the actions of Councillor Mongameli Bobani in today’s sitting of the Nelson Mandela Bay Council saying that his actions are completely unacceptable and against the very spirit of the coalition agreement and the discussions held last night to resolve the conflict in Nelson Mandela Bay.
“It has become clear that Councillor Bobani is not committed to governing for the people of Nelson Mandela Bay, and instead seeks to continue his disruptive and divisive behaviour which is unbecoming of a Deputy Mayor. In almost every way possible, Cllr Bobani has acted to undermine the coalition government in Nelson Mandela Bay, and his behaviour today requires that stern action must be taken against him.
“As the DA, our first responsibility is to the voters of Nelson Mandela Bay, and we must protect the coalition government’s ability to deliver quality services to residents. We cannot allow one man to hold the people of Nelson Mandela Bay to ransom.
“We therefore insist the United Democratic Movement (UDM) take urgent and immediate action against Cllr Bobani, and that this matter be resolved so that the Council meeting can reconvene and get on with the business of delivering services to the people of Nelson Mandela Bay,” concluded Maimane.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Department moves to resolve Queenstown water woes - 18 September 2019
- Two security guards shot and wounded in New Brighton - 18 September 2019
- What to do when you can’t afford to cover your bond repayments? - 18 September 2019
- Bok Women excited to take the field against Spain in Despatch - 18 September 2019
- Will we hear; “Next Stop after Cabo Verde is Nelson Mandela Bay”? - 18 September 2019