Who can spot my son @pwstraton in this image? Photo from 2008 when a young (ish) Philip Straton sailed in the Giza Challenge on a Pacer 27 for their National Championships in Algoa Bay, Port Elizabeth. What a great sailing regatta that was for the young crew under the tutelage of Chris Frost. At the time of writing the Giza Challenge is still the largest most well attended local regatta hosted by the Algoa Bay Yacht Club this century – Taken by the Editor whilst wandering aimlessly about pretending to be in the know.
The following two tabs change content below.
Passionate about Port Elizabeth and definitely NOT packing for Perth. Alan's ethos is epitomised in the words of Nelson Mandela; "I have fought against white domination and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the idea of a democratic and free society. If need be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die." See more articles by Alan.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Why Eskom’s System Remains Vulnerable - 12 November 2019
- Eskom system remains vulnerable - 12 November 2019
- 15% Increase in 2019 Black Friday transactions expected - 12 November 2019
- Don’t Assume - 12 November 2019
- Siya Kolisi thanks South Africa for “unbelievable support” on Trophy Tour - 11 November 2019