A proposal to expand the Absa Currie Cup Premier Division to eight teams in 2014 was rejected by a Special General Council meeting of South African Rugby Union provinces in Johannesburg on Monday. A second proposal – dependent on the success of the first – that the Lions be entrenched in Vodacom Super Rugby for the next two years therefore fell away.
As a result, the status quo remains and the team that finishes top of the Absa Currie Cup First Division log in 2013 will play the last-placed team in the Premier Division for the chance of promotion to the 2014 Premier Division.
Click here for the detailed response from EP Rugby who will have to beat the Steval Pumas at the end of this season to get a crack at Top Flight rugby
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- “I wish I never met you” - 22 February 2020
- Is Wright Right? - 22 February 2020
- The Types of Skills Leaving South Africa - 22 February 2020
- How to boost your chances of getting a joint bond - 21 February 2020
- Elrigh Louw Back In Starting XV For Isuzu Southern Kings - 21 February 2020