I travel along the R102 frequently and have seen a dramatic increase in illegal dumping along this road from just past Scribante’s concrete plant.
(For examples see the images above and below)
The truck pictured arrived there while I was taking photos of the filth and just drove by and started offloading.
I saw this vehicle traveling along William Moffett loaded with refuse and have seen it parked in lower Pearson street over weekends.
I also saw a LDV with empty 200l drums offloading what looked like refuse from a eating establishment.
I would like to suggest that our Mayor send someone to see what is happening in this area and put a stop to it as it is going to cost a fortune to clean up this mess.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Azamara® Expands Partnership with World Wildlife Fund to Unveil Destination Conservation Shore Excursions and Themed-Sailings, a First for WWF – Port Elizabeth in the News - 12 December 2019
- Farmers turn to government en masse as EC drought worsens – MyPR.co.za - 12 December 2019
- Madibaz women take bronze at USSA water polo week – MyPR.co.za - 12 December 2019
- Warren and the Lightweight – Team Sailing League Regatta - 12 December 2019
- Mamelodi floods: “I watched as my shack was swept away” – News from GroundUp - 12 December 2019