I travel along the R102 frequently and have seen a dramatic increase in illegal dumping along this road from just past Scribante’s concrete plant.
(For examples see the images above and below)
The truck pictured arrived there while I was taking photos of the filth and just drove by and started offloading.
I saw this vehicle traveling along William Moffett loaded with refuse and have seen it parked in lower Pearson street over weekends.
I also saw a LDV with empty 200l drums offloading what looked like refuse from a eating establishment.
I would like to suggest that our Mayor send someone to see what is happening in this area and put a stop to it as it is going to cost a fortune to clean up this mess.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Drastic funding cut places IPTS in Northern Areas and KwaNobuhle in jeopardy - 26 March 2019
- Failure to #KeepTheLightsOn threatens lives in BCM - 26 March 2019
- Makhanda News: Water crisis in Makhanda a microcosm of SA’s looming health catastrophe – expert - 26 March 2019
- Algoa Bay from the Air - 26 March 2019
- Mthatha News: Manhunt launched for foiled Mthatha gunmen - 26 March 2019