I travel along the R102 frequently and have seen a dramatic increase in illegal dumping along this road from just past Scribante’s concrete plant.
(For examples see the images above and below)
The truck pictured arrived there while I was taking photos of the filth and just drove by and started offloading.
I saw this vehicle traveling along William Moffett loaded with refuse and have seen it parked in lower Pearson street over weekends.
I also saw a LDV with empty 200l drums offloading what looked like refuse from a eating establishment.
I would like to suggest that our Mayor send someone to see what is happening in this area and put a stop to it as it is going to cost a fortune to clean up this mess.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Madibaz water polo teams ride crest of the wave - 22 November 2017
- An Afrikaans inscription in a Catholic Cathedral – Featured Blog - 22 November 2017
- Bhisho news: ‘MAKE YOUR PURPOSE YOUR PASSION’ - 22 November 2017
- Uitenhage in the news: Uitenhage robbery suspects arrested after high speed chase - 22 November 2017
- It Doesn’t Need to be Mandela Day to Volunteer for a Cause - 22 November 2017