I travel along the R102 frequently and have seen a dramatic increase in illegal dumping along this road from just past Scribante’s concrete plant.
(For examples see the images above and below)
The truck pictured arrived there while I was taking photos of the filth and just drove by and started offloading.
I saw this vehicle traveling along William Moffett loaded with refuse and have seen it parked in lower Pearson street over weekends.
I also saw a LDV with empty 200l drums offloading what looked like refuse from a eating establishment.
I would like to suggest that our Mayor send someone to see what is happening in this area and put a stop to it as it is going to cost a fortune to clean up this mess.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Uitenhage in the news: Preservation order for R2.9m PE house - 21 February 2018
- PE in the news: Local DJ Wandile Mabija turns Texas top chef - 21 February 2018
- King Williams Town news: 2017 Volkswagen Polo Vivo GP 1.4 Trendline 5-Door for sale in Eastern Cape - 21 February 2018
- Business Confidence Grows in SA - 20 February 2018
- Bhisho news: SACP in Eastern Cape wants meeting with ANC after chief whip’s removal - 20 February 2018