On 22 March 2012, a very special birthday party will be held at the SOS Kindergarten Port Elizabeth, not for a special little one turning 3, 4, 5, or 6, but for a special octogenarian! SOS Children’s Villages will be celebrating the 80th Birthday of one of their very special philanthropists in the Nelson Mandela Bay Metro, Mr Jack Bernstein.
Bernstein is actively involved in various charitable causes and who has also made significant donations to educational institutions in the Bay, has enlisted the help of the 75, 3 to 6 year olds of the SOS Kindergarten to help him celebrate his birthday and to help him blow out all of his 80 candles!
Bernstein says: “I’m too old to blow out all those candles by myself; I always enjoy my visits with the children and I would like to share my special day with them and give them some treats. I’d much rather have a fun-filled time with the young ones at the SOS Children’s Village.”
Mr Bernstein has been a loyal supporter of the village for the past 3 years and he has during this time also donated a new play area for the children.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Have you seen Kefas Marufu? - 8 December 2019
- Could Twitter be the Cause of our #LoadShedding - 8 December 2019
- 8 December’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 - 8 December 2019
- Neil Powell on Blitzboks win in Dubai - 7 December 2019
- Analysing the Fourth Industrial Revolution - 7 December 2019