In May 2016 the doors to the Red Location Museum were re-opened. It was not for long though and now the doors remain closed – one more victim lies shattered and broken haunting us with our inability to get along for the greater good.
At the re-opening then Executive Mayor Danny Jordaan symbolically held up a set of keys saying; “And these keys that they handed over here are not unlocking only the doors of the Red Location Museum, they are unlocking the doors and opening the pathway to the creative economy and to the township economy.”
With respect Mr Mayor (and your successors) it seems as though the keys have been lost as the Red Location Museum remains closed, the creative economy a dream and the township economy dragging.
Visit and explore more Port Elizabeth videos.
Port Elizabeth’s Red Location Museum in New Brighton will re-open its doors soon. This after community leaders and the metro reached an agreement that it should be re-opened while talks continue.
For more News visit: http://www.sabc.co.za/news
CLICK HERE to submit your favourite Port Elizabeth video.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Great Waves For Opening Day of Billabong Seal Point Pro Junior 2019 – MyPR.co.za - 23 September 2019
- 4 Bedroom House to Rent in Seaview – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 September 2019
- Uber driver hijacked in Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth Business News - 22 September 2019
- Heal Your Round Pink Donut Naturally – MyPR.co.za - 22 September 2019
- Vehicle tracking device leads PE police to suspected house robbers – Port Elizabeth in the News - 22 September 2019