Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
The Campanile originally had 23 bells with another two being added during renovations making it a carillion of 25 bells.
A carillon is a musical instrument that is typically housed in the bell tower of a church or municipal building. The instrument consists of at least 23 cast bronze, cup-shaped bells, which are played serially to produce a melody, or sounded together to play a chord. A carillon-like instrument with fewer than 23 bells is called a chime.
Source: Port Elizabeth Daily Photo.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- 1 Bedroom House for Sale in Port Elizabeth Central – Port Elizabeth in the News - 18 October 2019
- Ponzi scheme operator sentenced to 15-years for theft of millions – Port Elizabeth Business News - 17 October 2019
- AluLine Washing Lines – Fold Down – Port Elizabeth in the News - 17 October 2019
- Nelson Mandela Bay is now a lawless “gangster state” - 17 October 2019
- Team Sailing League 12 October 2019 – Rhodes University - 17 October 2019