Today’s posts from our featured Port Elizabeth Blogger:
The Campanile originally had 23 bells with another two being added during renovations making it a carillion of 25 bells.
A carillon is a musical instrument that is typically housed in the bell tower of a church or municipal building. The instrument consists of at least 23 cast bronze, cup-shaped bells, which are played serially to produce a melody, or sounded together to play a chord. A carillon-like instrument with fewer than 23 bells is called a chime.
Source: Port Elizabeth Daily Photo.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Zimbabweans shocked by near doubling of bus fares over festive season – Port Elizabeth Business News - 16 December 2019
- Zimbabweans shocked by near doubling of bus fares over festive season – Port Elizabeth in the News - 16 December 2019
- Warren at the Start – Team Sailing League Regatta - 16 December 2019
- Firearms and drugs recovered: Port Elizabeth – Port Elizabeth in the News - 16 December 2019
- Sharing the magic of mosaics – Port Elizabeth Business News - 15 December 2019