Mandela Day is a call to action for people everywhere to take responsibility for making the world a better place, one small step at a time, just as Nelson Mandela did.
Nelson Mandela spent more than 67 years serving his community, his country, and the world at large. On Mandela Day people are called to devote just 67 minutes of their time to changing the world for the better, in a small gesture of solidarity with humanity, and in a small step towards a continuous, global movement for good.
Mandela Day takes place on 18 July 2011.
The Missionvale Care Centre at 1 Tromp Street, Missionvale, in partnership with the Mandela Bay Development Agency is calling on people to spend their 67 minutes volunteering at the Missionvale Care Centre on Nelson Mandela Day.
Taking place from 9h30 to 12h00 participants can pay a R10.00 entry fee which buys you a balloon in which you are encouraged to place a message to Madiba. The balloons will be set free from 11h45.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Intervention leads to recommendation for removal of Inxuba Yethemba Mayor - 28 January 2020
- Vote for the best Mayor NMB ever had… - 28 January 2020
- Careful – that beer or wine could contain animal products - 28 January 2020
- PE policeman rewarded for bravery - 27 January 2020
- Bearing the sweet fruit of perseverance - 27 January 2020