The attached was received by myself today regarding the number of retrenchments contemplated by General Motors SA ahead of their departure from Port Elizabeth and South Africa.
- 425 Hourly workers face retrenchment
- 145 Salaried workers face retrenchment
- 19 Members of Management face retrenchment.
That will leave 944 employees to continue with Isuzu.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Bhisho news: Bereaved father starts drive to fix Limpopo schools - 21 March 2018
- PE in the news: Land Rover discovery delivers SA ‘rugby in a box’ - 21 March 2018
- Upcoming local events #ShareTheBay – Featured Blog - 20 March 2018
- Kingswood qualify for provincial hockey finals - 20 March 2018
- More than 300 SMMEs graduate from SANRAL’s training programme - 20 March 2018