The attached was received by myself today regarding the number of retrenchments contemplated by General Motors SA ahead of their departure from Port Elizabeth and South Africa.
- 425 Hourly workers face retrenchment
- 145 Salaried workers face retrenchment
- 19 Members of Management face retrenchment.
That will leave 944 employees to continue with Isuzu.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Minister Davies to Launch the R42 Million Refurbished Babelegi Industrial Park in Hammanskraal, Gauteng - 25 May 2017
- Looking out the museum doorway – Featured Blog - 25 May 2017
- King Williams Town news: Two convicted prisoners escape after overpowering guard - 25 May 2017
- Wheadon eyes sixth NMMU squash title - 25 May 2017
- Charges laid with Grahamstown SAPS for slow progress on Kabusa Report offenders - 25 May 2017