The attached was received by myself today regarding the number of retrenchments contemplated by General Motors SA ahead of their departure from Port Elizabeth and South Africa.
- 425 Hourly workers face retrenchment
- 145 Salaried workers face retrenchment
- 19 Members of Management face retrenchment.
That will leave 944 employees to continue with Isuzu.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE in the news: Roller-coaster South Africa tour to get full review – Cullen - 24 September 2017
- Uitenhage in the news: New VW Polo to launch in early 2018 in South Africa - 24 September 2017
- BLOC Outdoor Furniture - 24 September 2017
- Mthatha news: Durban collison claims 2, SA death toll rises to 23 - 23 September 2017
- Bhisho news: Builders caught in tender scam: Some lost R10k for ‘job’ to build jail - 23 September 2017