One of the oldest and most popular annual regattas on the sailing calendar is the annual Eastern Cape Interschools sailing regatta hosted by Redhoue Yacht Club.
Held this year on the 8 & 9 April 2017 the regatta is open to all schools able to field ateam sailing one of the classes of dinghy: Junior School – Optimist, RSTera, Mirror, Dabchick, Pico & Gypsy; Novice Junior Schools: Optimist, RSTera, Pico & Topaz and High Schools: Laser, Laser Radial, Laser 4.7, Gypsy, 420, Dabchick, RS Tera, RS Pro & Mirror; Other Dinghy classes will sail in O class.
The entry fee of R220.00 per competitor includes lunches & teas on both days.
Class and Team trophies plus individual prizes will be awarded.
Light meals and refreshments will be available to purchase for spectators during the regatta. Braai fires & salads will be provided on Saturday night. Braai packs will be for sale on a first come basis.
Camping is available at Redhouse Yacht Club from Friday 7 April at no charge.
A fun aspect of the regatta is the old pupils race that will take place on Sunday morning for all old pupils that have sailed in Interschools in all classes For more info, NoR & Entry form visit the RYC website: www.ryc.co.za or contact Pam 041 3732345 or Rhona 041 4631611
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Why the Wheels of Industry Keep on Turning in Nelson Mandela Bay during loadshedding - 10 December 2019
- 19 Inches – When Size Counts - 9 December 2019
- Update: 9 December Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 4 - 9 December 2019
- Police Seek Missing 7-year-old boy - 9 December 2019
- PE Cops turning the tide on crime - 9 December 2019