Police members together with Traffic officials embarked on weekend operations. Police were busy with their routine patrols around King Williams Town and they managed to arrest twenty five (25) motorists aged between 27 and 50 years for drunken driving.
This send a strong message to all motorists that drinking and driving can put you behind bars and offenders can face the full might of law. The police are urging all road users to be responsible and have warned that they will not be sympathetic to those who break the law.
Police in King Williams Town and Izele policing precinct also arrested more than twenty (20) suspects on crimes ranging from Housebreaking and Theft, Common Assault, Domestic Violence, Robbery, Stock Theft and Rape. The cases were opened during the weekend and Police followed on information they receive and quickly arrested the suspects.
All these suspects aged between 18 and 60 years are appearing at King Williams Town and Zwelitsha Magistrate Court today.
The King Williams Town Station Commander Colonel Andile Lamana thanked the members for their sterling efforts in making our communities safer. He commended KWT Police and Traffic police for their commitment in ensuring a crime free environment.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Ulster will meet this Isuzu Southern Kings Team - 22 March 2019
- Links to ALL 48 Parties contesting the 2019 South African Elections - 21 March 2019
- #FightRacism on Human Rights Day and Every Other Day - 21 March 2019
- R70.9 million committed to support black-owned companies - 20 March 2019
- Give Your Home a Bit of Hygge - 20 March 2019