Capitalising on the World First Sailing Event in 2014 when the Algoa Bay Yacht Club hosted an Inter Club Sailing Event, the Redhouse Yacht Club now invites all dinghy sailors to an exciting new fun endurance team sailing event to be held over 24 hrs at the North End Lake. Teams must consist of a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 10 persons each.
The Challenge is to see how far each team can sail their boat in 24 hrs around the lake in the shadow of the iconic Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium.
The 24-hour Challenge is open to GP14, Enterprise, Mirror, Sonnet, Bosun, Gypsy, Sprog and 420 Dinghy classes – using a special 24-hour handicap system. All boats must conform to class rules.
Teams will begin sailing at 12h00 on Saturday 31 October and sail a set course around the clock on the North End Lake in relays until 12h00 on Sunday 1 November 2015.
Weary sailors and visitors will be able to keep up with the World Cup rugby final via a big screen in the Powerboat Club clubhouse.
The lake shore offers many spots to watch the action from and is another vote for the water which is presently being cleaned via enviro-friendly microbiological sanitisers, as well as reed and gabion stormwater filter ponds to keep pollutants at bay.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Repairs Completed Ahead of Schedule - 26 March 2019
- Required Reading for Cape Town People - 26 March 2019
- Garden Court Relaunch - 26 March 2019
- Consumers cautioned against sacrificing insurance to offset looming financial pinch - 26 March 2019
- There’s an energy revolution happening in villages and towns across Africa - 26 March 2019