The inaugural Redhouse Yacht Club 24 Hour Sailing Challenge was sailed from 12h00 on 31 October to 12h00 on 1 November 2015. Seven sailing teams and one rowing team entered.
These images are from the first half hour – look out for the Buffalo River Yacht Club team rigging their boats – apparently one of the Sprogs had a BOOMslang hiding in the boom when it was collected in East London.
The 24 Hour Challenge was sailed in the shadow of the iconic Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium on the North End Lake out of the Eastern Province Power Boat Club clubhouse.
Submit your favourite Port Elizabeth, Uitenhage and Despatch videos for consideration for publication on MyPE by filling in the form below:
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Azamara® Expands Partnership with World Wildlife Fund to Unveil Destination Conservation Shore Excursions and Themed-Sailings, a First for WWF – Port Elizabeth in the News - 12 December 2019
- Farmers turn to government en masse as EC drought worsens – MyPR.co.za - 12 December 2019
- Madibaz women take bronze at USSA water polo week – MyPR.co.za - 12 December 2019
- Warren and the Lightweight – Team Sailing League Regatta - 12 December 2019
- Mamelodi floods: “I watched as my shack was swept away” – News from GroundUp - 12 December 2019