NEW BRIGHTON: Drug trading and abuse is a key focus area with the approaching festive season and SAPS endeavours to squash the drug trade and ensure safer streets and environments for our communities.
On the night of 13 November 2017 at about 23:30 SAPS Flying squad members followed up information about a person suspected to be a drug dealer. A 23-year-old male was arrested after the members searched his home in New Brighton and confiscated just over three kilograms of dagga with an estimated street value of about R10 000, as well as 7 rounds of ammunition and a large amount of cash.
The suspect will be facing charges of dealing in dagga and the illegal possession of ammunition at the New Brighton Magistrates’ Court today, 15 November 2017.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Dear Mayor Bobani – Is Your Statement a Bunch of Porky Pies? - 19 September 2018
- Blockading Taxi Takes a Shotgun Round - 19 September 2018
- Big tests for Kings and Cheetahs - 19 September 2018
- The key to solving SA housing challenge - 19 September 2018
- A First for Port of Ngqura - 19 September 2018