Entries for the annual Pretty Things for Little Things campaign, sponsored by Shoprite in conjunction with Age-in-Action, will close this month.
Customers, especially senior citizens, have until the end of August to put their creative talents to work and make much needed toys and clothes for children in disadvantaged communities.
There are four different competition categories: soft toys, blankets, clothing and “other” – which includes articles made from materials such as wood, tin or wire.
Three winners per category will be selected in each province as well as nationally. The provincial winners each receive vouchers to the value of R2 000, R1 500 and R1 000 for first, second and third places respectively. National winners receive vouchers to the value of R5 000, R3 000 and R2 000 for the top three positions respectively. The vouchers can be used at any Shoprite store nationwide.
The Pretty Things for Little Things campaign is part of Shoprite’s #ActForChange initiative – an ongoing commitment to giving back to the local communities in which it operates.
So hurry, as entries close on Thursday, 31 August 2017! Items can be entered at any Shoprite store in South Africa or any of the Age-in-Action regional offices.
Author: Angelique Wagner
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Giants and Blitz seek to keep MSL momentum going – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 November 2019
- Uitenhage News: Meet the accountant of the future - 20 November 2019
- Support Small Business in the Biggest Way Possible this Festive Season. Shop There. – MyPR.co.za - 20 November 2019
- @BobaniMayor Continues to ignore NMB drought crisis - 20 November 2019
- Eastern Cape government needs to cut costs to survive - 20 November 2019