On Saturday 9 April, twenty teams from Volkswagen Group South Africa were amongst thousands of participants that took part in the 2016 Corporate Triathlon Challenge, a curtain raiser to the 2016 Ironman Challenge being held in Port Elizabeth today, 10 April.
This event always highlights what is great about the friendly city of Port Elizabeth: friendly people and a great vibe.
The Volkswagen Teams, one of which included Thomas Schaefer, VWSA Chairman and Managing Director, Stefan Mecha, the newly appointed Sales and Marketing Director and Bernd Schaberg, Production Division Head, certainly added to this festive atmosphere.
“Volkswagen is committed to promoting active lifestyles, healthy living and teamwork and this event allows us to do all three,” said Thomas Schaefer.
“The Corporate Ironman weekend in Port Elizabeth is always well run and supported. I am proud to be part of this year’s event and also of all my fellow Volkswagen colleagues that participated,” he added.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Have you seen Kefas Marufu? - 8 December 2019
- Could Twitter be the Cause of our #LoadShedding - 8 December 2019
- 8 December’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 2 - 8 December 2019
- Neil Powell on Blitzboks win in Dubai - 7 December 2019
- Analysing the Fourth Industrial Revolution - 7 December 2019