The inaugural Redhouse Yacht Club 24 Hour Sailing Challenge was held on the North End Lake on the weekend of 31 October to 1 November 2015.
Seven Sailing Teams and one paddling team (NMMU Paramedic Students) took part.
Over the 24 hours the NMMU Paramedic Students covered a distance of 131.43 kilometres.
The winning sailing team – North Sonnet – on a …………. Sonnet, covered a distance of 107.3 kilometres.
The top three sailing teams all sailed Sonnets and only 8 kilometres separated the Top 3.
The East Cape Power Boat Club graciously made their facilities available for the sailors.
Date: November 03, 2015 08:28
Click here for more: MyPE Images – MyPE (Latest images)
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Massive reservist decline is a blow to community safety - 9 December 2019
- Humewood Beach, Port Elizabeth - 9 December 2019
- Rest – Team Sailing League Regatta - 9 December 2019
- Refugees join homeless for Christmas lunch event – News from GroundUp - 9 December 2019
- Port Elizabeth police recover stolen tyres worth R4 million – Port Elizabeth Business News - 9 December 2019