On Friday 28 June 2013 four finalists, judged according to the originality, need, sustainability and profitability of their business concept, were chosen as ABSA Your Money Novice Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 finalists.
Each finalist received R2000, to open up their bank account and register their business. Where applicable each will be enrolled with the various Seda’s. Each will also have access to their own mentors to assist and guide them over the next 5 months.
The four finalists are:
- Zanele Diniso (29) The Home Executive. Zanele wish to train and outsource Domestic Workers and also offer their services to clean up after events. Zanele will be mentored by Khusta Jack, serial businessman in South Africa.
- Eloise Potgieter (33) Love Your Skin. Eloise wants to start a natural moisturising skin range specially designed for the South African climate. Eloise will be mentored by Eben Olivier – from Cash and Carry.
- Romejoe Shaw (30) The Internet Café. Romejoe’s idea is to have a multipurpose shop with copy, scan, fax and print facilities and a few computers available for internet browsing. Romejoe will be mentored by Sean Cambier from Samsung.
- Lungisile Lennox Magaba (30) Yonayethu Chemical Manufacturer. Lungisile wants to manufacture and distribute chemicals on a large scale. Lungisile will be mentored by Pat Pattinson from CPM Services.
On 29 November, the judges, sponsors and four finalists will meet again and based on their progress and profitability, the overall Absa Your Money Novice Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 will be announced.
Prizes for the ABSA Your Money Novice Entrepreneur of the Year 2014:
- A car sponsored by Peugeot for a period of 6-months.
- Car Insurance sponsored by Kempston Group Insurance.
- Business course sponsored by PE College.
- R5 000 from ABSA to kick-start their business.
- 1-year free advertising space in Your Money to the value of R25 000.
- Prizes from Cash & Carry Weirs
- NMB Seda ICT Incubator will enrol them under their umbrella where applicable.