Cor de Wit writes; “If I cannot remember a recipe’s ingredients after looking at it for five minutes, then I toss it as too complicated. I want them easy to remember, like this one.”
- 500 gram lean mince.
- 1 packet of instant Oxtail soup.
- 1 egg.
- 15ml (1 tblsp) Olive oil.
- ½ teaspoon of dry garlic flakes.
- ½ teaspoon of crushed black pepper.
- Thoroughly mix ALL the above ingredients in a bowl (use your hands!).
- Heat up a non-stick pan on low heat. Add about 15ml (1 tblsp) of cooking oil.
- Divide the mince mix into separate balls, no bigger than 50mm (2 inch) across and carefully place them in the pan.
- Turn the balls – using two spoons – every minute, allowing them to brown on all sides, then . . .
- Cover the pan for about 45 minutes – on very low heat – until the balls are thoroughly done.
- Place the balls in a glass oven dish, sprinkle them with red paprika powder and keep them warm.
- Alternatively, add 300ml of instant beef gravy.
Time: 60 minutes
Feeds: 4 people
Author: Cor de Wit
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- EC expanded rate of unemployment is 44,4% - 29 July 2014
- R150K in donations to Walmer High School - 29 July 2014
- Humpback whale release, Maitland’s River Mouth - 29 July 2014
- Whole Lotta Laughs for a good cause - 29 July 2014
- The 2014 Color Run series kicks off in Port Elizabeth - 29 July 2014