One of my ways to relax is to cook. Friends and family constantly tell me that I should open a restaurant. Frankly I think that they tell me this only so that they can get out of cooking themselves, though.
Quickly creating something to eat out of what is available in our fridge and pantry has become a particular challenge that I enjoy and, up until now, I have never really taken note of what gets thrown into the pot when creating.
Last night I actually took note of what was being used to create my ‘Chicken Pesto Creamy Pasta Sauce’ and would be delighted if you tried this recipe and let me know what you think:
Chicken Pesto Creamy Pasta Sauce
- 1 onion
- Teaspoon Honey
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Small tub of prepared Basil (or other green) Pesto
- 250 ml of Sour Cream
- 250 ml Chicken Stock
- 150 ml Cream Cheese
- Sweat the Onion slowly (in a little olive oil), adding honey as onions become translucent
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise and then chop finely
- Add chicken breast and fry
- Stir in Chicken Stock, Sour Cream, Cream Cheese and Basil Pesto and let them gently talk to each other
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Pour sauce over Home Made Tagliatelle
- Serve with a green salad.
Time: 20 minutes
Even the Kangaroo (who is not keen on chicken or pesto) pronounced the sauce as being distinctly palatable.