Butterworth Regional Magistrates’ Court convicted and sentenced 28-year-old Thokozani Siwendu for rape of a 16-year-old girl. The accused met with the victim on 3 November 2012 at about 20:30. He met her at Goven Mbeki Township Dutywa.
The accused assaulted the victim and raped her. A case of rape was registered at Dutywa Police Station. The accused was later arrested by Butterworth Family Violence, Child Protection and Sexual Offences Unit.
On Friday 15 April 2016 he was convicted of rape. He was sentenced to twenty years imprisonment and was declared unfit to possess firearm. The sentence will run concurrently with the sentence of two life imprisonment terms he is currently serving.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Superfoods to Eat Yourself Healthier, Stronger and Younger - 20 October 2019
- 19 October’s Loadshedding Menu of Darkness – Stage 1 - 19 October 2019
- Madibaz Sports Stars of the Year - 18 October 2019
- Four charities to benefit - 18 October 2019
- South Africa’s development of the future mobility ecosystem - 18 October 2019