This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Portfolio committee on Public Enterprises welcomes Eskom roadmap to reform – Port Elizabeth Business News - 20 November 2019
- Giants and Blitz seek to keep MSL momentum going – Port Elizabeth in the News - 20 November 2019
- Uitenhage News: Meet the accountant of the future - 20 November 2019
- Support Small Business in the Biggest Way Possible this Festive Season. Shop There. – MyPR.co.za - 20 November 2019
- @BobaniMayor Continues to ignore NMB drought crisis - 20 November 2019