This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Seda NMB ICT Incubator brings new opportunities to Metro entrepreneurs - 25 February 2018
- Mthatha news: South Africa: Seven suspects shot dead in police station raid - 25 February 2018
- King Williams Town news: 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan 1.4 Tsi B/mo Tren-fun (90kw) for sale in Eastern Cape - 25 February 2018
- Bhisho news: Premier’s prediction on IPTS in doubt - 25 February 2018
- PE in the news: Shipment of 50,000 tonnes of phosphate rock bound for NZ to be sold after held up in South Africa - 25 February 2018