This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- N2WCTR will turn business around for SMME owners - 29 March 2017
- King Williams Town news: South African Police Service - 29 March 2017
- Uitenhage in the news: Weather Update: SA to expect hot and windy conditions - 29 March 2017
- Oakbay responds for calls to withdraw from Gordhan application hearing - 29 March 2017
- Bhisho news: Serial rapist given 120 year sentence - 29 March 2017