This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Minister Davies to Launch the R42 Million Refurbished Babelegi Industrial Park in Hammanskraal, Gauteng - 25 May 2017
- Looking out the museum doorway – Featured Blog - 25 May 2017
- King Williams Town news: Two convicted prisoners escape after overpowering guard - 25 May 2017
- Wheadon eyes sixth NMMU squash title - 25 May 2017
- Charges laid with Grahamstown SAPS for slow progress on Kabusa Report offenders - 25 May 2017