This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Grahamstown in the news: 2 Bedroom Apartment / Flat for Sale in Grahamstown Central - 21 April 2018
- PE in the news: Singer’s star keeps rising - 21 April 2018
- Overcoming hurdles to make dreams a reality come true - 21 April 2018
- 3 Bedroom House For Sale in Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth for R2 299 000 [video] - 21 April 2018
- Vacant Land For Sale in Walmer Heights, Port Elizabeth for R340 000 [video] - 21 April 2018