This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- South Africa welcomes UN resolution on the Treaty prohibiting nuclear weapons - 28 October 2016
- East Somerset Railway – “The Way We Were” 30/08/2015 - 28 October 2016
- A garage on an island? – Featured Blog - 28 October 2016
- Bhisho news: 1000 pupils hit by diarrhoea: Girl rushes out of matric exam vomiting blood - 28 October 2016
- Don’t Forget the Voters – Editors Pic - 28 October 2016