This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha news: South Africa: Student Wants Answers Following Alleged Police Assault - 31 May 2016
- Good News Daily - 30 May 2016
- Tips from SA’s Top Instagrammers – Featured Blog - 30 May 2016
- 0.212 ha Farm For Sale in Joubertina, South Africa for ZAR 865,000 - 30 May 2016
- York bounce back to win hockey challenge - 30 May 2016