This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- PE in the news: Roller-coaster South Africa tour to get full review – Cullen - 24 September 2017
- Uitenhage in the news: New VW Polo to launch in early 2018 in South Africa - 24 September 2017
- BLOC Outdoor Furniture - 24 September 2017
- Mthatha news: Durban collison claims 2, SA death toll rises to 23 - 23 September 2017
- Bhisho news: Builders caught in tender scam: Some lost R10k for ‘job’ to build jail - 23 September 2017