This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- South African Railways Class 19D 3324 on the Addo-Kirkwood branch July 1984 - 26 June 2016
- Just the way to start a morning – Featured Blog - 25 June 2016
- Southern Right Whale Watching (HD) – Featured Blog - 25 June 2016
- Mthatha news: NDP bearing fruits in E Cape - 25 June 2016
- PE in the news: Forget white Boks ‘plot’, support them - 25 June 2016