This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Mthatha news: Chippa United making right moves in KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape - 28 July 2016
- Roadside gnomes in the Karoo – Featured Blog - 27 July 2016
- Bhisho news: Court postpones burial dispute case - 27 July 2016
- Creating jobs for young South Africans - 27 July 2016
- 106 township mechanics get lifeline - 27 July 2016