This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- King Williams Town news: Revealed: The Kuga warnings Ford ignored - 17 January 2017
- World Economic Forum (WEF): Sage CEO laments absence of small business issues at Davos - 16 January 2017
- Uitenhage in the news: LAND INVADERS TAKE OVER FROM PIGS - 16 January 2017
- Mthatha news: Celtic Loan Striker, Mthembu Signing Imminent? - 16 January 2017
- Minister of Communications to hand over bursaries and bicycles to learners from various schools in Vuwani, Limpopo - 16 January 2017