This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Madibaz water polo teams ride crest of the wave - 22 November 2017
- An Afrikaans inscription in a Catholic Cathedral – Featured Blog - 22 November 2017
- Bhisho news: ‘MAKE YOUR PURPOSE YOUR PASSION’ - 22 November 2017
- Uitenhage in the news: Uitenhage robbery suspects arrested after high speed chase - 22 November 2017
- It Doesn’t Need to be Mandela Day to Volunteer for a Cause - 22 November 2017