This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Guest review from: Kay – Featured Blog - 25 June 2018
- Bhisho news: Trufm’s 2018 tru Talent Awards - 25 June 2018
- PE in the news: virgin active lorraine prices virgin active student membership times - 25 June 2018
- Mthatha news: South Africa Government : Road Traffic Management Corporation on arrest of Mthatha motorist - 25 June 2018
- I am Horrified at what the US has Become – Featured Blog - 24 June 2018