This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- Oakbay and Tegeta react to media speculation - 28 August 2016
- Mthatha news: NFD Saturday wrap: Mthatha Bucks top the table - 28 August 2016
- Sugarloaf Backpackers Speedshow – Coffee Bay South Africa – Featured Blog - 28 August 2016
- Bhisho news: EC’s rotting R30m fleet - 28 August 2016
- PE in the news: Not so bright and beautiful for DA - 28 August 2016