This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1875: Railway Terminus
Image by awstraton
The Railway Terminus as seen from Jetty Street on Wednesday, 23 September 1875, when the North-Eastern and Midland Railways fom Port Elizabeth to Commando Kraal (Addo) and Uitenhage was officially declared open for public traffic.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- South Africa opposes “Land Grab” Bill tabled before the Israeli parliament - 9 December 2016
- Courtyard pooldeck – Featured Blog - 9 December 2016
- King Williams Town news: DA calls for probe into Buffalo City fire dept - 9 December 2016
- Uitenhage in the news: Row over Wayile replacement - 9 December 2016
- Grahamstown in the news: Lights go out at PE education offices - 9 December 2016