This image is from the MyPE Editor’s Flickr Account – offering some topical daily images from a phone smarter than Alan, occasional images from a DSLR and scanned images of Port Elizabeth as he wanders around the Bay pretending to know a lot and sometimes succeeding in making a complete hash of it!
1865: PE Club
Image by awstraton
The old Algoa Hotel near the Trinder Vlei (Trinder Square) was owned by John Dreyer and became the Nucleus of the PE Club.
As the membership rapidly increased the Committee secured the present site in Bird Street.
This image is randomly selected from an ever growing repository of publicly available images taken in and around Port Elizabeth.
Latest posts by Port Elizabethan (see all)
- SA win a nail-biter against Australia in PE to set up series-deciding showdown at Newlands – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 February 2020
- 4IR will still need the human touch – Port Elizabeth Business News - 23 February 2020
- South Africa vs Australia 2nd T20I Live Cricket Streaming: When, where and how to watch SA vs AUS? – Port Elizabeth in the News - 23 February 2020
- More Wine Estates Confirmed For Wine On Water Festival In St Francis Bay – MyPR.co.za - 23 February 2020
- Humpback Dolphins in Algoa Bay - 23 February 2020