Operations were conducted over the past weekend to address crime in the Uitenhage Cluster, resulted in 184 suspects being arrested on various charges. These arrests included three (3) for car hijacking, two (2) for stock theft, 1 for rape, 1 for attempted murder, 15 for driving under the influence of liquor and 38 for the illegal possession of drugs. Fourteen of the liquor premises that were visited, received fines for non-compliance of the Liquor Act.
A total of 20 traffic fines were issued, valued at more than R10 000. The suspects were arrested on charges relating to housebreaking and theft, robbery, assault with the intent to do grievous bodily harm, theft, possession of suspected stolen goods. A total of 64 fines were issued for other liquor related crimes.
Police in the Uitenhage Cluster will continue to combat crime effectively in the Uitenhage Cluster.
The South African Police Service appeal to the community to work with the SAPS in reducing crime by providing valuable information that will lead to the arrest of suspects, the tracing of illegal firearms and the recovery of stolen property. Let us share information and support each other in the fight against crime. Crime Stop 08600 10111 or Crime Line SMS 32211.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Grey Hammers Grey - 21 July 2019
- So, Allow the Cynic in me to comment on Round Umpteen of the Proposed Fish Farm - 21 July 2019
- Colourful Kanu - 20 July 2019
- Child support grants cannot be used as income in credit applications - 19 July 2019
- New recycling process to help tackle the world’s plastic waste problem - 19 July 2019