In an effort to quell crime and criminal activities in the Uitenhage Cluster a total 154 suspects were arrested over the past weekend. Crime prevention operations and high visibility patrols were conducted from 18:00 on Friday, 10 June 2016 until 06:00on Monday morning, 13 June 2016.
The suspects were arrested for crimes ranging from housebreaking and theft, assault with the intent to do grievous bodily harm, possession of suspected stolen goods, robbery common, theft out of and from motor vehicles and possession of drugs. Six (6) arrests were made for driving under the influence of liquor. A total of 45 fines were issued for other liquor related crimes and 12 for the illegal possession of drugs. 66 Traffic fines valued at more than R33 000 were issued.
The South African Police Service call on society to partner with us in the fight against crime. Community members can assist by providing valuable information that will lead to the arrest of suspects, the tracing of illegal firearms and the recovery of stolen property. Responsible citizens work together with the police.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- Bye, Bye Tank Farm - 21 February 2019
- Electricity crisis can be laid firmly at the feet of uncaring ANC - 21 February 2019
- South Africa being forced to pay a never-ending ransom to Eskom - 21 February 2019
- Leinster Rugby Team to Face Southern Kings - 21 February 2019
- Start For Beyers as Isuzu Southern Kings Name Team for Leinster Clash - 21 February 2019