In an effort to quell crime and criminal activities in the Uitenhage Cluster a total 154 suspects were arrested over the past weekend. Crime prevention operations and high visibility patrols were conducted from 18:00 on Friday, 10 June 2016 until 06:00on Monday morning, 13 June 2016.
The suspects were arrested for crimes ranging from housebreaking and theft, assault with the intent to do grievous bodily harm, possession of suspected stolen goods, robbery common, theft out of and from motor vehicles and possession of drugs. Six (6) arrests were made for driving under the influence of liquor. A total of 45 fines were issued for other liquor related crimes and 12 for the illegal possession of drugs. 66 Traffic fines valued at more than R33 000 were issued.
The South African Police Service call on society to partner with us in the fight against crime. Community members can assist by providing valuable information that will lead to the arrest of suspects, the tracing of illegal firearms and the recovery of stolen property. Responsible citizens work together with the police.
Latest posts by Alan Straton (see all)
- An Elephant of a Spa - 10 December 2018
- Get Smart for Industrie 4.0 - 10 December 2018
- Tips to Keep your Business Safe this Festive Season - 10 December 2018
- Pop Quiz: Which Facility in Uitenhage received nearly half a million visitors since its official opening? - 10 December 2018
- Municipality Preparing Plans for Stage 8 Loadshedding - 10 December 2018