One woman died and 43 other people were injured when their bus crashed into a wall of the Standard Bank building in Port Elizabeth, on Friday afternoon, the Eastern Cape health department said.
The crash took place at 14:52 in Sidwell, at the corner of Kempston and Commercial roads, spokesperson Siyanda Manana said.
“The woman was ejected through the window of the bus and landed in between the bus and the wall,” he said.
None of the injuries were life threatening. It appeared the driver lost control of the bus. The condition of the driver was not immediately known.
Mpho Raborife, News24
Latest posts by News24Wire (see all)
- Marinda Mills trial date set - 15 March 2016
- MP and official crash into one another - 15 March 2016
- St Albans prison warder kidnapped, raped by escapee - 10 March 2016
- No Witnesses to daylight killing - 19 February 2016
- Port Elizabeth DA councillor guilty of misusing funds - 16 February 2016